20. - 21. oktober 2015
Quality – It’s all about the quality.
der skal bygges med kvalitetssoftware beror i høj grad på kvaliteten af
udviklerens evne til at bygge kvalitet.
Ved denne kvalitets workshop vil vi gennemgå en del kvalitetsværktøjer
og principper, så den samlede kvalitet af kvalitets softwaren bliver
Megen kvalitet er overladt i hænderne på den enkelte, men ved at
automatisere processerne kan den enkelte koncentrere sin kvalitetstid på
at bygge kvalitetssoftware af en hel anden kvalitet.
Makes things work.
Specialist in .NET, Win32, x64, SQL, Visual Studio and Delphi.
Knows how to strike a balance between old and brand new technology to
make things work.
DOS, mobile, big systems, you name it.
Married to a cancer survivor
As curator responsible for his brother that has an IQ < 50.
30+ year member of world class marching band Adest Musica.
Trained and performed the 2013 half marathon in New York.
- Tuesday – TECH stuff
08:00 - Arrival and setup
09:30 - Welcome to Jeroen
09:40 - Demonstration and working with MVVM, Spring4D, Knockoff
fundamentals and Delphi Generics.
• Get familiar with the nice things that have been introduced in the
Pascal language over the last decade, and how some open source
libraries use that to make your programming a lot easier.
• Most of these are based on Generics, Interfaces, Loose Coupling,
Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection.
• This is a way to push business logic out of your user interface into
places where test is a lot easier
10:50 - BREAK
11:05 Demonstration and working with MVVM, Spring4D, Knockoff
fundamentals and Delphi Generics - Continued.
• Continue and finish the morning session.
12:00 - LUNCH
13:00 - Continuous Integration using ContinuaCI & local command-line
• Especially for small teams it pays off automating as much of the
dull work as possible.
• A dull part of the process often is compiling and building your
program into something testable or shippable.
• This session is about that: working with Continua CI (free when you
use it on a single build system, mine runs Windows 8) and old-school
batch files. You learn about essentials of building either under your
own account or on a different one.
• It also helps when switching machines: haven't we all had our main
development machine crash leaving us in a state of panic.
14:45 - COFFEE BREAK
15:00 - Data aware controls VCL - data aware control controller
• We go back to old-school but very important VCL: most applications
use VCL and databases.
• Based on some reusable techniques you will see how you can both make
your database centric code easier as well as your user-interface
cleaner while still using the familiar data ware control, datasource,
• Two important parts are a data-aware control controller, and a
• As a side effect you will see how the data aware controls and data
source are internally bound using data-links and learn about
modularisation of your code.
17:00 - Wrap up of Tuesday, with a message from Flemming Jensen, Nohau.
18:30 - Drinks before dinner in Tranquebar
19:00 - DINNER
Wednesday Day 2 Software Quality stuff
9:00 – FixInsight: static code analysis catching so much more than the
• FixInsight is a static code analysis tool which catches code issues
the compiler doesn't.
• Using it you will be amazed how much the compiler forgets to notice
and how many issues your code has.
• How often have you forgotten a parameter to a Format expression?
This is only one of the things FixInsight catches.
• You will get a FixInsight license that lasts until early November so
you can let it run on your own code at the end of the block and ask
questions on the why of certain things it catches.
10:30 - COFFEE BREAK
10:45 – TestInsight: the IDE integration of unit testing on steroids
• Unit testing is a great way of keeping new bugs from entering a
changing code base. But running them and keeping an eye on them can be
• Unless you integrate the tooling in the IDE and have it run
automagically when you code.
• It is part of my motto "automate everything to make your life easier".
• You will see how much faster it becomes writing tests and how easy
it is to still have them run in a build system like Continua CI.
12:00 - LUNCH
13:00 – Highlights of Software Quality
• Code Complete
• Refactoring: improving the design of existing code
• Design Patterns: elements of re-usable object oriented software
• Some topics covered are how to essentials for writing good software,
classic mistakes of writing bad software, the human factor in software
development, reducing failure, emotions versus technique and processes.
• You will do some tasks helping you shedding some light on how people
actually work and cooperate.
14:15 - COFFEE BREAK
14:30 – Highlights of Software Quality Part 2
16:00 - Wrapup and evaluation,
During the sessions I will try to demonstrate the tools I use on a
regular base like version control
(I prefer DVCS like Git and Mercurial even for my one-man projects),
AQTime performance profiling,
Beyond Compare, ModelMaker Code Explorer and many many others.
I'm a keyboard person, so you will also learn lots and lots of
shortcuts and of course about console commands.
- Prisen for WorkShop incl. overnatning på
hotel og alle måltider er: kr. 5.900
Hvis du eller dit firma
ikke er medlemmer af DAPUG er prisen kr. 6.700,-
- Ekstra overnatning fra 19. oktober koster ca. kr. 1.150,-
- OBS: Hvis beløbet er
indbetalt på regnr. 1551 konto. 4 76 67 76
inden 16. oktober er prisen kr. 5.400 (kr. 6.200, hvis man ikke er
Allersidste frist for
tilmelding er 4. september 2015